Friday, October 18, 2013

It's fall!! Time for some chili!! No beans, no sugar added, no gluten... JUST YUM!

I started with some good quality ground sirloin. Seasoned it really good. Got it nice and browned.  I removed the beef with a slotted spoon and left the fat (there wasn't much) in the pan.  I started on the vegetables.
I got out as many colorful veggies as I could find in my refrigerator and then started to chop and dice, added it to the fat and let them saute just a bit.  
I transferred everything to one pot.
Also added a two cans of stewed tomatoes with green chiles and  
I used fresh garlic and some dry spices like chili powder, paprika, sea salt, black pepper... I then added two cans of water and let it simmer...
Lastly, I added some shredded zucchini at the end. It cooks up pretty quick.
You can add a little more water if you'd like - it just depends what consistency you prefer.  Just make sure you're not "watering" it down. Check your spices as you go.
Serve it up with a bit of sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro and avocado and you'll be in business!  This was amazing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo