Friday, October 18, 2013

Started a new job...and I'm still on track! Yay!

Hey! I've been away for a while, but I am back to share some pics of what I've been eating.  I do this just to show you what kind of foods are actually on a primal diet.  I would say Paleo, but I do still enjoy some dairy (cheeses) and that keeps me sane... 
This may look crazy, but it was so good.  Grilled flank steak with roasted passila chiles.  I also layered some delicious Mexican oaxaca cheese (like string cheese) to the top and let it melt. Top it with fresh avocado and a side of jalapeno bacon poppers - OMG! Yum!
A simple grilled chicken salad with tons of fresh veggies, almond slivers and fresh parmesan cheese.
Lettuce tacos de pastor (seasoned pork)
Have you ever had acorn squash?  It took me a minute to figure out the best way to peel it. haha! I cut it in half. Scooped out the guts and then cut it at the creases and then peeled it with a vegetable peeler. Pretty easy once I got the hang of it!
I marinated some chicken legs with a "teriyaki" type sauce.  It was sugar-free of course.  Then I made this hash with sweet potato, acorn squash, green beans and bacon pieces. So good.  Had a variation of it at a friend's house and loved it so much I had to recreate it! =)

So, that's just another glimpse of what's been going into my belly.
I am feeling good and haven't had any of my headaches in a good long time.
I have also been trying to get to bed before 10 p.m.  That's always a good thing.

Have you tried anything new lately?  Do you have any fall favorites that I might like?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo