Monday, September 16, 2013

The 2013 Primal Blueprint 21 Day Challenge!!

Got my copy through Amazon. Looking forward to starting! 
It's here and I am in!
As you know, I've been eating Paleo/Primal on my own for about  22 days now.
It hasn't been too difficult, but as it goes on, I can see that I am getting rather weary of being
thoughtful of my food and what's going on my plate.  I'm getting a little lazy and not
wanting to plan ahead.  Oh, yes! You must plan if you are going to eat this way.
So rather than letting my enthusiasm fizzle, I think that this challenge that I am
about to share with you is coming at a perfect time for me!! It's just what I needed.

I am talking about The 2013 Primal Blueprint 21 Day Challenge.  Wow! That's a mouthful!

I will basically be continuing the same eating plan as I have already been doing, moving a lot
more and then following along with any other challenges he may throw our way.

Here's the basic "list" from his blog.
In brief, this is the Challenge. Do it for just 21 days and the results will speak for themselves.
  1. Eat real food.
  2. Avoid sugar, grains, unhealthy fats, beans/legumes.
  3. Align your carb intake with your weight goals and activity levels.
  4. Move frequently at a slow pace: Get between 2-5 hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise.
  5. Lift heavy things: Conduct 1-3 brief, intense sessions of full-body functional movements.
  6. Sprint: Go “all out” once a week.
  7. Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
  8. Get 15 minutes of direct sun exposure each day.
  9. Play! Find time to let go, disconnect, unwind and have fun each day.
Well, there you go.  Let's see where this takes me!! Also, I have a follow-up doctor appointment in 2 weeks and I will be excited to see what my weight will be by then as well as find out my blood test results.

Do you have any health/fitness/weight loss goals you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear about them. Leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. thats the biggest problem with me. Planning. I struggle to plan. I mean we eat extremely simple meals anyhow. but most of the time there are starches and carbs on our plate. I struggle and have no sense of imagination when it comes to cooking. I wish I had a chef. but then again don't we all?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo