Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Whole 30 | No Carnitas | Day 1, part 2


So, meal 2 was a little rough.  I had a store bought chicken Caesar salad and I just figured I'd throw out the dressing and cheese and eat the lettuce and chicken, along with a blood orange I happened to have with me.  I had eaten 3 or 4 pieces of the chicken meat when I looked at the label and see that it may have sugar, salt and water added for preservation.  UGH!! NO!!

I immediately picked out the chicken and ate a plate of lettuce and the orange.  NOT the way to start this day.

When I got home, I went straight to the kitchen and scrambled myself THREE eggs.  They were so great.  Perfect.  Who knew a person could get that excited about eggs??  Haha!

For meal 3 - I had two ground beef patties, lettuce, tomato, pickles.  It was decent.  Filling. You see, Marco and I were out grocery shopping and neither of us had eaten yet.  I started to panic as he began to suggest different places to stop for food.  I knew he meant well, but most of the time, you can not find Whole 30 compliant food when you eat out.  There's always added sugar or something's got to be cooked in soybean oil *sigh* ...

So I went on the Forum and did a search on food when eating out and one thing kept poppin' up.

Chipotle.  Carnitas. Yay!

We went to TWO of them and they both had the sign that you see above posted.  It was not meant to be.  

So Day 1 was a success, but not the way I wanted it to be.  I would say it was COMPLIANT.  Maybe not a huge success.  Oh, well - on to Day 2.  

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a rough start! Way to persevere and push through. Many people would of already given up at the sign of a rocky start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP! Just saw this. I'm on Day 11 now. Almost half way. xo

      Delete

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo