Monday, March 23, 2015

Whole 30 | Spring Cleaning | Day 15

So here I am at DAY 15!! Half-way mark for me and for my awesome daughter Hannah!!  I'm so glad to say that we are still going strong and have stayed totally compliant and on board since Day 1.

I went to the Farmer's Market this weekend and didn't even realize it was the first day of spring until I was there and overheard someone mention it.  It really got me to thinking about spring cleaning!  I am so glad that I have been "spring cleaning" my insides, but just as nice - I got home and decided to really, REALLY clean out my fridge so I could make room for the amazing produce I picked up.  I sure did have a lot of junk in there!!  No - literally junk.  Sauces that were from WHO KNOWS WHEN OR WHAT EVENT??!! Yuck.  Out it went.  
After I got every single inch of it sparkling clean I filled it back up with all of the beautiful produce and nutritious foods that I have been learning to use.  It made me so happy!  I am now wanting to do the same to my pantry and work on a way of organizing it all so that things don't go to waste. 
I even bought BEETS for the first time. Here they are with a beautiful head of cauliflower, fresh avocados (I love California), broccoli and two different kinds of kale!!  Doesn't it look great?

I also want to continue to share a few of my meals with you just so you can see what I've been munching on!  I've been very good about taking a good breakfast with me to work. Some days I have time to scramble up some eggs, meat and veggies and other days I just grab hard-boiled eggs, Aidells mini chicken/apple sausages, a few dry roasted nuts (no peanuts!!) and fruit.  Eat a meal that is compliant and fills you so that you are not hungry until your next meal.  No snacking.  Break that habit!! I also have one cup of coffee with coconut cream that I shake up in my blender cup for a nice frothy latte feel.
If I am home for breakfast, I can take a little more time to make a breakfast, but still often use left-overs as part of my meal.  People eat breakfast for dinner all the time - but heaven forbid you eat dinner for breakfast! haha.  Pictured here is some scrambled egg, cut up leftover steak and potatoes and Super Green for fun! I also have Bulletproof Coffee which is just coffee, two spoons of coconut oil, two spoons of ghee (clarified butter) emulsified with the blender.  Yum-o!
Here's the original meal from the night before.  Grilled steak and golden potatoes that were first boiled and then placed on a cookie sheet, gave them each a smash with a fork and then drizzled them with a little olive oil and sea salt and popped them under the broiler.  Crispy! Also had some of my Super Green mix which is kale, zucchini and brussels sprouts.
For lunch the next day, I took a little ground beef, one egg and scoop of left-over Super Green and made two hamburger patties out of it and grilled it up on my cast-iron skillet. Served it up on some lettuce leaves with some pickled artichokes and mustard as condiment.  Totally filling and totally compliant.

As for how I'm feeling on this Whole30 so far...
I definitely feel like I'm experiencing lots of energy and being alert. However, I did have a couple nights recently where I was just drained, but I've been doing a lot too.
My skin feels a lot better and I think it looks better - more moisturized.  I'm not really wanting to snack - I stay full as you can see.  I am craving Korean food though - but what's new? I like RICE remember?  Sadly the thing I am craving the most is made with SOY BEAN PASTE, so I will have to wait until I am not doing Whole 30.  And here's an odd, but nice thing.  I have not had any gum, mints or candy because of course it's not compliant, but my breath and mouth usually feel pretty clean and fresh!! I'm sure there's something to that - I'm just glad it's working in my favor!

I'm drinking tons of water and learning to try new things.  Like the BEETS in the picture above.  I don't even know what I'm going to make with it yet - well BEETS obviously, but how should I prepare it??

Tell me in the comments!! Thanks for sticking around for this super-long post! xo

6 comments:

  1. I am on day 8 I have great energy and stayed alert at work, glad things are going well for you! Stay the course! I can't wait to get to Day 15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matthew-thank you! I wish you the best as well!

      Delete
  2. Reading your blog and seeing the photos is so encouraging and informing about how I am eating. I want to go to the farmers market :-) KEEP AT IT !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ondray! Your support means a lot to me! xo

      Delete
  3. You're doing awesome. I know you are now on day 29 or something but great job sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! I'm all done now!! Round 2 coming up soon! haha

      Delete

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo