Monday, March 16, 2015

Whole 30 | Yummy Eats | Day 4 - 7

One thing I decided at the beginning of this was that I was not going to obsess over this blog and the way that I chose to record my progress.  Those of you that know me in real life probably know why I have to give myself that permission!
If I miss a post or get a post out of order, it would normally keep me from going forward on the blog. OCD issue, I guess, but I don't want it to be a stumbling block in my sharing or recording - so we get what we get.  Life is busy and sometimes you can't stop to post a photo or thought!

I thought I'd share some of what I have been eating lately.  We are a family of 6.  My husband and I and four kids ages 19, 15, 9 and 7.  
My husband is not currently doing the Whole30 with me, but Hannah, my 19 year old is on Day 8 with me. 
Marco has been doing very well though with what I would call a low-carb way of eating.  He has cut out all bread and has not had one soda in 8 days!!
Taryn is very active with swim and hasn't really changed up her eating habits and his happy with anything I make for dinner.
The two youngers are a different story.  They have been doing alright with what I've been serving and I am not the type that will stop and make another meal for a picky eater - so they make do!

Oven-roasted chicken wings, fresh green beans and sweet potato
Roast Chicken, Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, canned green beans (only gb and water), sweet potato
Lunch: Grilled chicken tenderloin salad with veggies and strawberries - topped with salsa
Left-over sweet potato with ghee
Stewed chicken and vegetables with avocado
Breakfast at work: Hard-boiled eggs, Aidells chicken and apple mini sausage (compliant), avocado and sweet pepper for color and crunch. 
Coffee with a bit of Coconut Cream.  No sweetener or sugars added.  Shaken.

Whole 30 has a suggested Meal Template that I try to follow.  On Whole30, you are encouraged to eat 3 meals a day without snacking.  I was never much of a snacker, but found that I began to look forward to regular "snack times" at work because that's what everyone was doing. ha! I also was not eating a very filling or nutritious breakfast or lunch and so that led to me being hungry just a couple hours after I had eaten.

This new mindset has really helped me a lot in just these short 8 days.  I am really starting to see how food addiction and emotional eating are really a mind thing.  Not that it doesn't exist, but that we can re-train or re-direct our minds and our stomachs WILL follow.  More in a later post about all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo