Thursday, April 9, 2015

Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk

Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk

This is a recipe I found on Pinterest.  I love cooking and am very comfortable in the kitchen and mostly use recipes as a guide.  I never follow any of them exactly which is precisely why I'm not a baker. haha.  Here are the ingredients, but you can click on this LINK to her blog for the exact directions.  
INGREDIENTS:
250 gm of cleaned and cubed chicken pieces 
1 cup of sliced onions 
2 tbsp of oil (I use coconut oil) 
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder 
1 tsp of cumin powder 
2 tsp of coriander powder 
1/2 tsp of red chilli powder 
1" piece of ginger (I used powdered because I forgot this item)
2 green chillies (adjust to taste) 
2 flakes of garlic 
A few cubes of ripe tomato 
1 tbsp of poppy seeds, soaked for 15 mins (see notes) (didn't have ANY and thought I did)
2 cups of thin coconut milk (see notes)
1 cup of thick coconut milk 
A small bunch of chopped coriander leaves, for garnish (Cilantro)


This is my cauliflower rice.  I just raw cauliflower and hand grate it on my cheese grater. Then I get my pan hot with a bit of EVOO and start cooking my rice in it.  I add seasonings too of course.  Just keep moving it around until it's tender and then serve.  It will never BE rice, but it's a nice replacement. And that's coming from ME. The RICE lover.
This dish was so good that I made it three times on the Whole 30!  Quick, easy and full of flavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo