Monday, April 27, 2015

Whole 30 Round 2 Days 5 - 7

M1:Amazing Poached eggs, side of meat marinara sauce on a bed of baby greens with a side of red beets.
M2/3:Bacon wrapped chicken tenderloin, mashed potatoes (seasoned and ghee added), side of steamed veggies.

I had a Bridal Shower to attend and it was about an hour away. I ended up eating a late Meal 1 and late Meal 2 - just one of those days.
I got to the shower and of course there was NOTHING compliant, so I just went without and it was too late for me to eat when I got home.  Not too bad. Was more tired than hungry so it worked out. Not ideal - but it worked.
M1:

Egg and bacon cups with fresh basil and red/yellow peppers, mashed potato fritter on a bed of sautéed kale. Bulletproof coffee. 
Soccer game for my little guy this a.m. Spring cleaning all weekend. I need all the energy I can get!!

M2:

So. I finally did it. I tried #sardines I know that may not sound like a big deal, but I'm not a huge fan of fish that tastes "fishy".know what I mean? However, I've heard so much about it being such a good source of protein on the go that I thought I should at least try it. 
Well, I opened the can (I used boneless skinless in olive oil) and when I smelled them and looked at them, I knew I needed to do something to them. So here you have sardines mixed with wholly guacamole, dash of mustard and seasonings on a bed of roasted kale with a deconstructed bacon egg cup. Dish garnished with mini heirloom tomato slices. 
My verdict: it was tasty enough. I ate it, but I didn't love it. The texture and taste was not making me a fan. So there you go!

M3:

Cold and rainy day and night here in Riverside, CA so I made some homemade chicken soup with kale, potatoes, rainbow carrots, celery, parsley and herbs/spices. Topped with a little olive oil and chicken Cracklin. Was so good. Plenty left over for Meal 1 tomorrow.


M1:
Not pictured, but I had the chicken soup from the night before. It was more broth than soup, but I had to take it to go as I left the house early and in a hurry.
M2:

grilled mushrooms, eggs over medium and side salad with lemon 

M3:

Grilled pork steak, cauliflower mash, sautéed green beans/mini heirloom tomatoes/sweet peppers and roasted brussel sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts, or even just to know you stopped by, would be so encouraging. Would you kindly leave a little note so that I know you were here?
Thank you my friend! xo